This program taught me five valuable lessons:
1. Children need our support and guidance. When each of these children spotted their family, the look of love and joy could melt the hardest heart.
2. Our teachers are put in thankless positions. They need more love, support and pay. The soloist didn’t show up and these educators filled in admirably.
3. Our children are beautiful together in their own world. It’s a shame what growing up will do to their minds and hearts.
4. The school is very diverse, but all of the teachers are female and predominantly white.
5. The world needs love and someone to lead on. These children spoke/song in multiple languages, genres and eras where grandparents, parents, students could all sing in harmony and unison.